Saturday, May 17, 2008

Relief, Part II

Gee, that was depressing to write [post below].
Now you know why I love the cheesy optimism of ST--it's a counterbalance to a childhood right out of French New Wave cinema.

For relief, I must immediately look again at the silly Star Trek take-off Kellie sent me, which presents the episode "The Trouble with Tribbles" in lolcat kitty piggin.

Here's a frame from it:

[Translation: Kirk looking at the round fluffy tribbles says, "What the fuck? They're like..."]

Our parents didn't let us watch much TV, except for stuff like the Classic Movies series.
I am still making up for this deficit.

For another take-off, see also Shaenon Garrity's Trouble with Tribbles as adapted by Edward Gorey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(slaps forehead) Of course! The bee in your bonnet for ST totally makes sense now.

Fresca said...

I guess it's not immediately obvious, the connection to Truffaut, eh? : )