Friday, March 4, 2011

Who Would Play You in a Biopic? Why?

VL asked me this perfect birthday question.
I couldn't narrow it down--my biopic would have to be like that Bob Dylan one, where several actors would portray me. Including...

1. Philip Seymour Hoffman (below, right in Flawless, and that's him left, of course, too)
For my smart yet slovenly, dark yet goofy, brilliant but lazy self.



______________________


2. Drew Barrymore
I always thought she looks a little like me... at least her chin does. She would show my adorable, cute, and vulnerable yet buoyant, effervescent, and resilient self.

______________

3, 4. Sophia Loren and Joan Cusack

Sophia, for my slutty (yet potentially maternal) Italian self;
and Joan for my whacky, flummoxed and funny yet supremely capable Midwestern self

_____________________

And how about you? Who would you choose to portray yourself?

4 comments:

femminismo said...

Now this is a good question. Let me think about that one.

Bianca Castafiore? said...

Lili Taylor.

I don't know why. But it was my immediate choice, and I can't shake it loose.

Maybe because she's a marvelous character actor?

I love your picks.

Marz said...

I think you look a little like Hoffman, too, along with Barrymore!

Off the top of my head, Gene Wilder. That's the sort of movie I'd want it to be.

Fresca said...

BIANCA: Oh, yes, Lily Taylor is one of my top favorites! Not quite right to play me, but I can imagine she would catch your humor and intelligence well!

MARZ: Dustin, you mean? I think I might look like a love child between Dustin and Drew, perhaps.

Gene Wilder---too delightful!
The movie could be called "smoothable". I hope you're keeping notes for the future screenplay.