Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve, Part 1: The Lighter Side of Family

I've been dwelling on the dark side of my Sicilian heritage lately, so it was truly a gift in itself when my father (almost 83 y.o.) & sister came over this morning and reminded of how silly and fun and loving that side of my family can be (& me, too!).

My father gave me wine (for dinner w/ friends tonite) & Grand Marnier; 
his mother always used to say, "The cheapest wine is the best,
so this wine will probably be very bad indeed...
...and I gave him a red rooster hat.

3 comments:

Zhoen said...

A stunningly fetching hat.

The Crow said...

Wow, Fresca - your Dad is still a handsome man. As Zhoen said, the hat is quite fetching, and in it, your Dad is "da bomb!"

Merry Christmas!

LauraB said...

What a lovely gift.....
the hat, that is.