Friday, January 17, 2014

Paisley Party!

Orange Crate Art asks, “What party would you most like to have attended?”

So: how 'bout you?

I immediately thought of a Star Trek party*, and specifically the one Spock's parents attend onboard the Enterprise
the guests have gone all out for their costumes and makeup, and the food and drink is suitably garish too. 

Turns out paisley is popular all over the galaxy.

Spock's mother is not amused.


But Kirk is the perfect host.

 
I even know what I would wear. 

This jacket, right
(France, 1870, in the collection of the Museum of Decorative Arts, Paris).

__________

Also, I would like to have attended the cast party after this episode, "Journey to Babel" wrapped (in 1967).


__________________________________
*Ain't no party like a Star Trek party.

6 comments:

Michael Leddy said...

Nice interweaving (sorry) of paisley.

Since you’re asking the question now, I’m going to pick another party: any party at which Art Tatum was playing.

Fresca said...

Good idea!
Along those lines, I would like to attend a party where Hoagy Carmichael was playing, like in "To Have and Have Not."

Zhoen said...

Nimoy in paisley,

http://www.shorpy.com/node/16851

Fresca said...

ZHOEN: Thank you many times---you have made me very happy with this link!

poodletail said...

The jacket! My God, the jacket!

Fresca said...

POODLE: Yes. Want.