Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1st

 It's -3°F / -19°C this Saturday morning, the first of March.
Oh, well. The wonderful thing is, the light is springtime light: long and bright! 
And it's my birthday this week. 

I'm usually pretty much in a good mood around my birthday. 
I think I was happy to be born––my mother always said we were  happy to see each other right away. 
Happiness, of course, is not a stable state, but I wonder if that beginning gave me the sense that at least it's possible?

Speaking of stablity, this video, via Zhoen, made me laugh out loud. 


The goats remind me of the Core Fit class Team Terrier has been taking at the Y (Team Terrier, that's me & bink): 
besides attempting endless variations of sit ups, we balance on these wobbly half-inflated blobs while waving various limbs in the air.

I keep falling off and scrambling back on, like a baby goat.

Or like Tigger. I  grew up before the Disneyfication of Pooh, so I didn't know this song until Mz sang it to me. She says it's me.

The Tigger Song

A Tigger's a wonderful thing. / Their tops are made out of rubber, / their bottoms are made out of spring. / They're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy...

And Mz is Piglet.
This is a Christmas illustration, but it looks like March outside my window.

3 comments:

gz said...

Good to meet you !
gz

Zhoen said...

Hippo birdie, two ewes!

I did have that tigger growing up, and know the song well.

Fresca said...

GZ: You too!