Friday, May 2, 2014

It has stopped raining...


...after days of rain, and I just now activated my "bike-sharing" key fob.        

It costs $65/ year to have access to the cute bug-green bikes parked all over town, about the price of tuning up my battered old bike, which I think I'll skip this year.

I can ride a Nice Ride bike to my Thrift Store volunteer job . . . and to my new job when it starts.  
I got a job! though only a very part-time one, so I have to keep looking:
in a couple weeks, I start training as a Guest Ambassador at the huge convention center
downtown––I think this will entail directing visitors to the toilets, something I value highly, you know. 
A city with a good sewer system is a city without cholera.

[Grumble. Why is Blogger publishing this post all alone on the page?]

6 comments:

Zhoen said...

That is a rather attractive little devise/artifact, all by itself.

When I volunteered at the big library when it was shiny new, directing people to the restroom was at least 75% of the task.

Bless John Snow, physician/detective.

bink said...

Cute fob! New job! I bet you meant to make a secretly rhyming post.

Bookworm said...

Guest Ambassador is a great job title - though it sounds as though you should be the one being shown around, and having people hand you big plates of fancy chocolate (did you have this Ferrero Rocher advert in the US https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjiEKaZt1k)

Fresca said...

ZHOEN: It is nicely chunky yet lightweight too.
I always appreciate people who direct me to the toilets. It's a good thing.
Yes, Dr. Snow!

BINK: I left the rhyming to you. :)

BOOKWORM: The job title sounds like something out of ST: The Next Generation, doesn't it?

I never saw that Ferrero Rocher ad--but I think it'd be good diplomacy on my part to carry chocolates around to soothe any unhappy customers. Thanks for the idea!

deanna said...

Congratulations on landing the job! Now if the thrift store folks will just recognize their need to compensate your valuable labors...
But I'm sure something will work out.

Stefani Levi said...

If we gotta have cities, 'tis best if they are cities with thriving humans and other zoa--but without cholera!! I hope we are able to have whatever extant cities like that starting now, everywhere on our Mother. Maybe I can get a job working on sewers in Greece!