Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, Blogland!

This morning I'm making cranberry sauce for an "orphans" Thanksgiving dinner Laura invited me to. The host, who I don't know, is newly returned from a job in telecommunications in Nigeria, and I'm excited to talk international infrastructure––something I truly got interested in working on geography books years ago. 

Laura told me the host has bought an entire Cajun turkey from fast-food restaurant Popeye's. That seemed really odd to me, but I googled it and these turkeys actually get good reviews. (Geez, they also cost $44.) (I also learned that Popeye's full name is Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen. Huh.)

These ones are "helping" me prep the cranberries, as you can see here.



Here's an amusing article from OUP on Benjamin Franklin, food, and Thanksgiving--including making BF's recipe for boiled(!) apple pastry: "Thanksgiving with Benjamin Franklin".

1 comment:

deanna said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Fresca! I hope your day went well. My feet are up and sore after the marathon that is preparing for this holiday. But it's always worth it. Cranberry joy to you and all your peeps.