Saturday, January 21, 2017

#WomensMarchMN (Fandom Version)

More than 60,000 people [revised to 100,000] turned out at the Minnesota Capitol in St. Paul for the Minnesota Women's March!
That's 3x 5x the expected number.

I didn't go because I can't take a day off writing, 
and also I'm feeling very introverted right now;
therefore I've extra-enjoyed seeing the round-up of social media.

As I browsed, I screencapped some signs that referred to fandoms or pop culture (or literature or history).
I'm just going to plunk them here in no particular order.

  ^ William Shakespeare — "Though she be but little, she is fierce!"








 One more sign--maybe the most startling and unexpected reference:

The reference is to Judith Slaying Holofernes, a painting by Italian artist Artemisia Gentileschi completed between 1614–20, depicting the assassination of the Assyrian general Holofernes by the Israelite hero Judith, from the apocryphal Book of Judith.

4 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Oakland is also said to have been about 60,000, and more than expected - they added an alternate route to try accommodate everyone.

Fresca said...

The aerial photos of marches around the country are amazing!
The number of marchers here was revised up to 100,000.

ArtSparker said...

Well, if I were visiting DC in the near future, I would definitely dress entirely in pink. That could be a thing, right?

Frex said...

Everybody looks good in pink! It's related to the underlying color of our blood.