Monday, February 27, 2017

Arts & Crafts Resistance Group: Fire Trump on the Ides of March

collage by me

My efforts to start an art group at the church I was going to last fall never came to anything, and I'm not going to that church anymore, anyway. After my initial distrust, I'd come to like the pastor, Jeff, and he was a good speaker, but every Sunday service just felt like another religious TED Talk by Jeff. So... nah.

But now bink has started an Arts & Crafts Resistance group, out of her neighborhood political resistance group. 
Yay!
The first meeting will include making postcards for the #TheIdesofTrump--a campaign to mail postcards to the White House on March 15, informing the president, "You're Fired!"
Pink postcards, or whatever you like. I wouldn't waste mail art on the White House, but it'll be fun to see them posted on social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram, with the hashtag). And the Ides group is planning more postcard protests too. My sort of thing.

I just discovered the Resistance Calendar --heartening to see some of the many actions going on every day. 

No comments: