Thursday, February 2, 2017

Minnesota Sues Trump

I'm so proud of my state!
I was just wondering who to send my next thank-you cards to. Now I know: Attorney General Lori Swanson. < wikipedia


From today's Star-Tribune newspaper:
"Minnesota suing Trump administration over refugee order"
In a statement, Attorney General Lori Swanson called the executive order banning refugees and travelers from a list of predominantly Muslim nations "unconstitutional."

John Keller, executive director of the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, said,
“I don’t think the public understands the degree to which the legal community believes [Trump] has crossed constitutional line… Having someone like the attorney general, who I don’t think has done anything like this in her tenure, to weigh in should speak to the general public about the gravity of what was done to Minnesota residents.”
My ms is due in two weeks---it's written, but it's 2 to 3x too long, so there's LOTS of editing ahead of me, but I'm going to take a minute to add this to Swanson's Wikipedia page

No comments: